Certainly the best way to inform the public of any newsworthy event, be it associated with a business, social or cultural occurrence, is a press release and it must be judiciously placed on websites where it will gather the most amount of eyeballs.
Let's face it, Google is the search engine behemoth and in order for a press release to accumulate the greatest amount of views, it must be placed or ranked high on its first page. Although there are many excellent companies and/or websites available for just this purpose, many of the top sites want cold hard cash for their efforts. After all it is what makes the world go around, but there are websites out there that do not require a hefty sum to achieve a high Google ranking for disseminating a press release.
Here are most cost-effective five websites to use for a maximum Google presence and to insert numerous backlinks to the webpage of choice:
(1) PRLog.Org. It is an unwieldy submission process, but worth the time.
(2) BetaNews.com. Much easier to use than PRLog.
(3) News.Thomasnet.com. Unlike the above two, there is no registration process, which is definitely a perk.
(4) i-Newswire.com. Very straightforward to sign up and send in.
(5) OpenPR.Com. Submission process can be quite long, but it is really very simple to sign up for.