Number of Words: 557
Atkins Diet Plan
In the revised and improved book of the American nutritionist guru, he stated there six reasons why the Atkins diet plan work.
1. It transforms more fat to be used as energy. In a clinical setting and numerous testimonials, it has been proven to shed off more fat when there are equal number of calories are consumed.
2. It encourages abandoning sugary foods and refined carbohydrates which is why the Atkins diet plan is effective. Controlled carbohydrate nutritional approach does not mean deprivation instead, sheer hunger is the reason why there are schemes that fail.
3. It is the easiest manner in the maintenance of losing weight. With the theory of low- carbohydrate and high- protein consumption, you do not go back to your previous body mass. It actually creates a big change in the number of calories you eat.
4. It does not just energize but it simply makes an individual feel good about herself or himself. This is because it does not restrict the pleasure of eating especially with the recipes that have been created to complement with everyone's palate. When you are sated with adrenaline, the more you are inclined to exercise which makes the Atkins diet plan successful.
5. It corrects the basic factor that manages obesity. It is also goes true to the certain influences and risk factors for illnesses. One of those is insulin which is an essential hormone that governs the mechanism by which the body lays fat. When it is detected in excessive levels, it is termed as hyperinsulinism which promotes the development of atherosclerosis, diabetes and hypertension. It has also been linked to breast cancer and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
6. It is a healthy approach. Research studies have shown that controlling the consumption of carbohydrate produces in enhanced blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also reduces blood pressure and moderation of sugar levels. All of which indicates the lesser risk of having cardiovascular complications. A contrary to what others are saying about the Atkins diet plan.
The Atkins diet plan is consist of four phases namely induction, ongoing weight loss, pre- maintenance and lifetime maintenance. It will be discussed further below:
The most restrictive, it is purposely to bring about the body to enter into a state of ketosis. The carbohydrate intake is restricted up to only 20 net grams per day. The allowed foods are only meats, cheeses, creams and salad vegetables that have a particular measure each.
* Ongoing weight loss
This consist of a boost in carbohydrate intake however, it remains on a level where pounds will be shed off. In a weekly basis, the target carbohydrate intake is only up to five grams. The goal is to search for the 'critical carbohydrate level for losing'.
* Pre- maintenance
There is once again an augment to the intake of carbohydrate. It is where the aim is to find the 'critical carbohydrate level for maintenance'. This refers to the biggest number of carbohydrates that you consume everyday without adding some pounds.
* Lifetime maintenance
This is where the application of the preceeding three will still be applied. This is to brush off that mindset of having that 'common end- diet' where people can now return to their previous habits and weight. Foods advised here are those that are whole and unprocessed.