Number of Words: 495
Keyword 'Atkins Dessert Recipes': 5
Keyword Density: 1.01%
Atkins Dessert Recipes
So you are craving to satisfy your sweet tooth but you restrict yourself because it might spoil your diet? It is true that anything dulcet will add more calories to your controlled intake but here are Atkins dessert recipes that will not just answer to those earnest desires, it will also cooperate with whatever weight- loss scheme you have. It is purposely created for that.
Doesn't it sound interesting? The more it will be when you try on the following Atkins dessert recipes:
Almond Torte with Chocolate Sauce and Cherry Garnish
(This is one of the Atkins dessert recipes that will keep your energy level high.)
Ingredients: 1 cup blanched whole almonds
1 slice Atkins bakery multigrain bread
1 tsp baking powder
5 large eggs
½ cup granulated sugar substitute
2 ozs unsweetened chocoloate
1/3 cup sugar- free hazelnut syrup
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tbsp water
½ cup whipped cream
1 ½ cups sweet cherries
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Set the oven temperature to 350F. On a baking sheet, spread the almonds. Toast it for 10 minutes and let it cool after. Transfer into a food processor then add the bread, baking powder and cream of tartar. Mix everything until the almonds are finely ground.
2. Use a wax paper to line a 9- inch springfoam pan then spray it with cooking oil. Dust it with about 1 tsp of the crushed almonds.
3. In a bowl, combine the egg yolks and ¼ cup of sugar substitute. Beat it with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. In another bowl, beat the whites until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar substitute of about ¼ cup. Mix it again for 3 minutes.
5. Fold the nuts into the yolks in three partitions while alternating with 1 quarter of the whites each time. Spread it lightly in the pan then bake it for 18 to 20 minutes.
6. On the top of a double broiler set over simmering water, combine the chocolate, syrup and cream. Whisk until it melts then add water again.
Berry and Mousse Parfait
(This is one of the Atkins dessert recipes that is a superb substitute of Banana Split.)
Ingredients: 1 cup strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 ½ tbsp granulated sugar substitute
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
¼ cup Atkins mousse mix
1. Puree the ¾ cup of strawberries, ¾ cup raspberries and ½ tsp sugar substitute in a blender. Coarsely chop the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries then fold it into puree.
2. Whisk the cream, sugar substitute and vanilla in a bowl until it forms in a soft peak. Add the mousse mix until it becomes stiff then add the cream.
3. Place ¼ cup of berry mixture in a parfait glass. Top it with ¼ cup of mousse mix and repeat it in two layers. Top it again with raspberries. Repeat it to make more parfaits.